Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Emily's levels have come back

Emily had her blood test today and her levels are coming back, however they are keeping her on a reduced dose until they are up even more. Her WBC = 2.2, Hgb 11.9, Platelets 407K, ANC-1100. You can see her ANC has actually dropped since the ER visit on Saturday, so she is still fighting some sort of virus. She will remain on a %50 dosage. I expect her to be back to normal next week and for them to increase dosage, but you never know what is going to happen. Next week is her IV chemo and physical exam, along with her monthly flash of Prednisone. Prednisone causes your ANC to shoot through the roof, so it's very likely she will be back on full dosage.

On a more fun note, Emily and I are going on a ski trip together this weekend. Just the two of us. We are both really excited about it. We are going to leave at lunch time on Friday and ski Saturday and Sunday. I plan to put her in a lesson for some of it, and for us to ski together the rest of the time. It should be a fantastic trip. On the way home we are going to stop in Auburn to have dinner with Tracy's parents, Grannie and Grandpa Steve.

Overall things are looking better than last week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see you on Sunday after your fun trip to the snow.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

Aloha you guys! It's Lauren. I just read the latest post. I'm glad Emily's levels are coming back. I also hope you guys have agreat time on your ski trip! I'll def pray for a safe journey both ways and that you and Em have a wonderful time! I hope she liked the songs i sent her. Was she able to listen to them via the comp?
I hope you guys have a cool weekend!
I hope to hear from you soon!
God loves you
Aloha for now
Your friend, Lauren

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Sounds like you may get to do some of your skiing while it is snowing. I bet that is beautiful.
Celia