Monday, May 19, 2008

Housekeeping

Today Emily attended school by herself for a couple hours. It went well, but after I delivered her back at school after lunch at home, she got cold feet and wanted to go home. I wasn't able to stay with her as I had a certain very disruptive, "busy" 20-month-old with me. Emily said that she got so used to being at home with me that she gets nervous about being at school again. So the fact that she got 1 1/2 hours in is great.

Emily has suddenly decided that she likes scrubbing toilets. Throughout the day I hear requests for things such as gum or candy, with the occasional request to scrub the toilet. She also likes to spray and wipe whatever I will let her. The other day she sat in the middle of the kitchen floor with a rag and a bucket of soapy water and wiped the floor around her. I reminded her not to forget to clean the areas under the cabinets, etc., and she responded, "Cinderella never did that." I guess I'm glad she's not pouring an entire bucket of soapy water on the floor and using scrub brushes like skates a la Pippi Longstocking.

Emily still feels very good and tomorrow we'll get a lab draw done through her port to check on her counts. I still think it's amazing how this kid walks around and you can hardly guess she's so sick.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I am so glad you had such a good weekend - It sounds like you are becoming very good at golf and it was so very hot this weekend that it must have been a real treat to go swimming. I am sorry that I was at lunch today when you came up to school, but I hope to see you the next time you come to class. You are such an amazing young lady and such an inspiration.

Emma said...

Sounds like you have a busy helper on your hands. It is really great that Emily is going to school and all by herself, that is pretty amazing. We hope the lab draw goes well and that her counts are good.

KMGheno said...

Hi Emily Pepper!

The Ghenos sure are proud of you - Gianni looks for you every time we go to clinic. When you're done with your kitchen, ours sure could use your special touch... Bippity, boppity, boo!

Karen, Tony, Bruno, and Gianni

Anonymous said...

Keeping busy with soap and water. Sounds like good clean fun. It's got water and activity. There's plenty of Cinderella stories to imagine, and when you really get into it, it's also a kind of meditation. I can see the appeal.

We praise God for Emily's creative imagination, determination, and zeal. God bless her sweet soul. God bless you all.

Hugs, kisses, and prayers - love,
Auntie Diana ~^..^~ and Uncle Marty

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
I was thrilled to see you at school! You make my day extra special with your visit. :) The kids were so excited too... They kept asking, "Is Emily coming tomorrow too? I hope so!" We can't wait for the next visit.
I love that you're a super-helper at home. Wow!
Love,
Mrs. Smith

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have two very busy children on your hands, with Haley in her "busy" 20-month-old phase and now Emily in the "busy" Cinderella phase. Emily never ceases to amaze me. I love you all. See you next week.
Love, Grannie