Sunday, September 21, 2008

midnight update

Emily is still having a really tough time. They couldn't get her pulse to drop for the past 20 hours, even giving her bolice IV fluids. About 3 hours ago they decided they needed to give her a transfusion and that seems to have helped, her pulse in finally falling a bit, but it needs to go lower.

She has had a fever on and off all day. Earlier I had reported that we had broken the fever, but it soon came back. Right now she doesn't have one, and let's hope it stays that way.

She is also suffering from really bad leg pain as a side effect from the Vinchristine. She is on and off in extreme pain.

I haven't seen Emily so down in her treatment. Tonight she just cried and cried that she was sick of this and just wanted to be in her own bed. It made me start to cry to hear her say it, and to see how sad she is.

She can technically have visitors but we ask that you check with Tracy and I first, we are going to really limit her exposure for a while here now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Breaks my heart to think of her in pain and having to go through this. I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts.