Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday night, 72 hours into hospital stay

Emily had a really good day. We got her fever under control again this morning and she has gone all day without it returning. She spent most of her day doing art projects. She also read an entire mystery book from the library. She doesn't want to leave her room to go to school or the playroom because she has to wear a mask, which she thinks makes her look "weird". I even offered to wear one too, and she almost went for it, but I couldn't actually get her to leave the room. She is in a great mood laughing and doing her best to pass the time. A big improvement today over previous days.

Tracy and I are doing are best juggling the hospital and taking care of Haley. Tracy is also going to work Wednesday, which will be interesting. Tracy will be working and Emily and I will be in patient rooms, we hope Tracy can make it by on her shift. Actually I hope we are at home. I may work from the hospital on Wednesday. I am lucky to have a job that can be done remotely from time to time.

Unless things take a change for the worse, it seems like we are just waiting for ANC to get over 500 for a steady period, and for the fever to be gone and to stay away without any Tylenol. By the way if you are wondering why they aren't giving mortin for fever, which would be more effective, it's a chemo thing, they don't like to thin the blood at all which aspirin and it's derivatives (ibuprofen) cause.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
It was so good to see you today. I am glad to hear from your dad that things are getting better for you. Tonight I went on a walk to the Learning Express to see what kinds of mosiac art they might have. I had such a great time working on the mosiac picture with you this afternoon. Unfortunately the store was closed, so I will try again tomorrow. Stay postive and happy and I am sure you will be home in no time at all. I will tell Mrs. Spencer and Mrs. Maino and your friends at Country Lane that you say "hello".
Love,
mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

It's so great to hear that Emily's fever is gone and that she is laughing a lot and in a good mood. I'll be praying that her fever goes away soon and that she'll be out of the hospital asap!

Love,

Kathy Ewers

Anonymous said...

Oops! I meant that her fever stays away!

Hugs and kisses,

Kathy Ewers

Emma said...

Emily, we are so happy to hear that you are doing better, it made our day! Chris and Tracy, we are thinking of you guys and hope that you quickly get home. Sending lots of love and support.

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
Grampa & I just got back last night from a trip where we could not be reached by phone. I am SO GLAD to hear you are doing better and having at least a few laughs while in the hospital. We are sending you big hugs and kisses. Love forever,
Grannie & Grampa