Sunday, September 6, 2009

Quick update...

This is Tracy this time, since Chris has been at Burning Man since Wednesday. He asked me to update the blog while he was gone and I kept putting it off/forgetting until now. The main thing we wanted to say is that Em's ANC from Wednesday 9/2 was 1600, which is up from 900 the week before, and that's without decreasing her chemo dose. We were super-thrilled, because we (or at least I) thought that another week's worth of school germs would drop her counts further. But they didn't! Yay! So she got to power through another week of full-dose chemo. Chris was more than thrilled that she was not neutropenic while he was at Burning Man, where he would have no access to the "outside world." If she had been, let's just say it would have put a significant damper on things while he was there.

So while Chris was out of town, my parents drove down from Auburn to help watch the girls while I was at work some of the days. I'm so thankful that they were able to help us out like that. Chris will be home later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how tired he is! Then you will be back to your regularly scheduled blogger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those increased ANC counts while on 100% dosage are great news. I hope Chris had a wonderful time at Burning Man. It's so nice that your parents got some time with the girls. We are going to get to see our granddaughter turn 2 next week, so I can tell you how much fun it is to spend time with grandchildren. I was so glad to see this post. I just kept saying, "No news is good news."
Celia