Wednesday, June 25, 2008

updates

Emily had her labs today and her ANC level was so high that she is going to increase her dose of 6MP, the pill she takes everyday. And even better, since her ANC was over 1100, Tracy is going to take her to a movie tonight. Normally with her anc levels so low we can't allow her around indoor crowds, like movie theaters. So tonight Emily is going to see Kung Fu Panda. I think she will like it from what I've heard from friends.

Emily has a new mouth sore, and her existing ones are causing a lot of pain. Last night she woke up in pain around mid night, and couldn't sleep again until 3am. She and Tracy sat up and watched TV. Today in her exam Dr. Link said these sores are typical from the methotrexate treatments. If she can't drink she will have to go back in the hospital for pain managment and hydration. We don't think it will get that serious, just really painful for poor little Em. We are still on track to be back in the hospital next Wednesday for round 2 of Methotrexate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
I am so happy that you are going to the movies! I'll want to hear about Kung Fu Panda. It looks really funny! I'm sorry that you've been in pain. I hope your sore feels much better real soon. I'll be thinking of you as always, sweetheart.
Love and hugs,
Mrs. Smith

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
We were so sorry to hear you're having pain from the mouth sores, but happy your ANC levels are high enough to go see Kung Fu Panda. It looks like a really good movie and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Take care, stay strong, and I will see you next week. Love you bunches.
Grannie

Jessica Nichols said...

I am sorry to hear about Emily's pain. There was something called Magic Mouthwash that I learned about from other lymphoma warriors 8 years ago. I got lucky and never got them, although I got thrush every single cycle of chemo which was its own beast. Try Googling the mouthwash, it's a special concoction that the pharmacist can whip up for you. Seriously! I've also heard from many patients that keeping the mouth moist helps prevent them. Not sure once they set in if it helps. Will Emily eat ice chips for you guys? I'm so happy she got to go out to the movies!

halmom said...

Hi Emily,

Bummer on those mouth sores, I'm sending prayers that they lighten up so you keep drinking and take in nutrition.
Bravo on the nice ANC levels - wahoo! Have a fine time at the movies with your mom.

Take care.